The Scottish Government has announced additional funding available to College and University students to support those experiencing financial difficulties because of COVID-19.
Full-time, part-time and International (including EU) HE and FE students that have been financially impacted by COVID-19 are able to apply for the fund.
This funding is available to:
- Students that are studying a full-time or part-time FE course
- Students that are studying a full-time HE course that have applied for the maximum student loan
- Students that are studying a part-time HE course
- Students that are registered as an international student
How will the fund be allocated?
- Students should complete a Winter Discretionary Fund form and should submit supporting documents
- Students should provide details on their reason for applying for the fund
- Priority will initially be given to students requiring support with additional accommodation costs that are unable to secure rent rebates from term time accommodation
- All other eligible students will then be considered
How to apply
Our teams will support you to apply for this funding if you are eligible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org more information on how to apply or access our Virtual Drop ins via the Student Services Hub on Microsoft Teams – Monday – Friday between 10am-12pm or 2-4pm to speak to the team.
The Fund will close on Friday 11 June 2021 or earlier, depending on demand.