Thirty-two-year-old Sebastian Stadelmeier moved to Edinburgh from Poland in 2012 and came to Edinburgh College in 2015 and now graduates with a HND in Human Resource Management.
Seb also leaves with a Principal’s Award for Academic Excellence in Business after consistently scoring highly in his graded units and completing a CIPD course alongside his HND. Read more about his Edinburgh College journey.
- How do you feel about being recognised at Prize Giving?
I feel really privileged to receive the Prize. It makes me feel proud and proves that hard work pays off.
- What were you doing before starting at the college?
I worked in hospitality in management roles.
- What has been the best thing so far about studying at Edinburgh College? Any highlights?
The best thing about college – Lecturers – definitely!! Especially: Lorna, Valerie and Jane. Great source of knowledge and experience and great level of support
- Have you faced any challenges, either before starting or during your studies? How did you overcome them?
When I studied I was working at the same time, and I have decided to study CIPD at Edinburgh college during evening classes at the same time! I was a very busy, but lecturers were very flexible and supported me a lot!
- If you could give one piece of advice to a student starting at the college now, what would it be?
First things first – choose the course that you find interesting. Work hard and aim for best results, as that will pay off in the future.
- What are your plans for the future? Are you going on to further study after college or into employment? What is your end goal?
From studying in Edinburgh College I have moved straight to MSc HRM course in Napier University. I started working in HR when I was studying my HND. My plan is to finish my masters and then find the suitable employment that will correspond to my interest and qualifications.
- Do you have any messages for the lecturers?
Keep doing what you are doing, as you have a huge impact on people. Thank you for being supportive and inspirational.
- What are you most proud of that you have achieved while studying at Edinburgh College?
I am proud about my Graded Unit projects and that I managed to finish HND and CIPD at the same time.
- Describe your Edinburgh College experience in three words.
Great, developing, fun
What did the lecturer say? “His enthusiasm and personality has enriched everyone whose path he has crossed.”