Edinburgh College training salons are designed to give students experience so they are completely ready for industry. Students participate in our Employability Salons performing the latest treatments and using prestigious products that are well known in the industry.
August 2021 Update
We are now open as usual and hope to see you soon.
Health and Safety
As I am sure you all will appreciate the safety of all our clients, students and staff is our highest
priority and we ask you to kindly familiarise yourself with our new salon rules.Skin Testing
Please note we are required to carry outskin testing 48 hours before any colouring and/orlash (including lash extensions) processes to comply with health and safetyregulations.
We advise that clients to book in for another service so this can be carried out at the same time.
Unfortunately, no colour or any form of lash treatments can be undertaken unless a patch test has been carried out.
Salon Safety Measures
We Keep our Salon Safe by:
- Regularly and thoroughly disinfecting our hands, tools and all surfaces
- Limiting interpersonal contact as much as possible
- Maintaining proper spacing
- Wearing protective equipment
- Operating in an appointment only system
- Encouraging cashless payments
Client Safety Measures
We ask our clients to:
- Book their appointment by phone or email
- Fill in the Health Declaration Form when making their appointment
- Client to arrive as close to the appointment time as possible – there will be no waiting areas
- Disinfect their hands thoroughly as soon as they arrive at the salon
- Wear a face covering at all times during the treatment/service – unfortunately we cannot have anyone in the department who is exempt from wearing a face covering
- Do not bring company for their visit
- Cancel or reschedule their appointment if they feel unwell
- Card payments where possible
We look forward to welcoming new and existing members to our department.
At registration please discus visitor parking permits with the reception staff if you require access to the car park.
Hair Salon Opening Hours
|Day Time Salon||Evening Salon*|
|Monday||1pm – 4pm||–|
|Tuesday||9am – 4pm||4.30pm – 7.30pm|
|Wednesday||9am – 4pm||–|
|Thursday||9am – 4pm||4.30pm – 7pm|
|Friday||9am – 4pm||–|
*Evening Salon services are not included in annual membership.
Book An Appointment
Call Us: 0131 297 8050
Call Us: 0131 344 7348
Hair Salon Annual Membership
Unlimited hairdressing for £90 a year.
Membership can be used on either campus.
Subject to extra costs depending on services provided. An additional charge of £10 will be applied for each
incremental colour application and hair services. Valid in DayTime Salon only, Advanced treatments and 3 week treatments plans available at an additional cost.
Sign up by contacting us:
0131 344 7348