The Students’ Association is run by a team of elected student officers. Each year, they’re up for election, and that’s where you come in!
The three full-time officers each have a remit they work on: our President focuses on education issues, our VP Activities works towards setting up clubs and societies, and our VP Welfare works with the college to ensure good student mental health and supports our equalities groups.
Nominations are now open for each of those positions and if you’re interested, it’s really simple to run:
- Fill in the nomination form at the link below
- You will need to submit an election leaflet (setting out why people should elect you) – we will offer support to anyone in doubt about how to do one – just get in touch!
- When nominations close, we’ll send out info on how to campaign and what the process will involve
- Voting will run from Monday 9th March until Thursday 12th – you can vote from any computer or mobile device with your college login
- Results will be announced on Friday 13th March at the results ceremony in the Three Sisters in town
If you’re successful, you’ll take up your position on the 1st July 2020, running until the 30th June 2021.
All the posts are paid at £17,500 per year, and you’ll be working 35 hours a week.
Nominations open: Monday 3rd February 2020
Nominations close: Thursday 27th February 2020 at 12noon
Candidate briefing: TBC
Campaigning begins: Wednesday 4th March 2020
Voting opens: Monday 9th March 2020
Voting closes: Thursday 12th March 2020
Results announced: Friday 13th March 2020
If you have any questions or want to talk to us about running in the election, the staff team are impartial and will keep your ideas secret! We are running election drop ins, where you can get more information about the process and ask questions about the nomination form or anything else. They are all taking place at lunch time – 12noon to 1pm.
Milton Rd (outside cafe) – 19th February
Midlothian (Reception) – 20th February
Sighthill (Atrium) – 24th February
Granton (Hub) – 25th February
You are also welcome to come speak to staff or current officers by popping into your local Students’ Association office, or email us on email@example.com