The Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP) is a great starting point for adult learners to progress to university. Edinburgh College runs eight SWAP courses across our four campuses in association with partner universities, making it easier than ever to get your foot on the ladder of Higher Education. If you have decided to change career or would like to retrain after redundancy, one of our SWAP courses could be your next step.
Who is SWAP aimed at?
These courses are designed if you have few or no formal qualifications and have been out of full-time education for at least three years (five years if you studied Highers or a Higher National course or similar level).
SWAP Access courses provide you with an alternative route into higher education and are designed to give you intensive academic preparation as well as the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence you need for entry into higher education through recognised progression routes at Colleges or Universities in Scotland.
It is a great access course for those who have been out of education for a while and will help get them back into the swing of things. If you thought that studying and exams were a barrier to university, SWAP can help build your confidence and study skills so you hit the ground running at university.
A SWAP course is ideal for you if you:
- Want a career change or direction
- Have been made redundant and are looking for a new avenue
- Are interested in a specific area but have no previous qualifications
SWAP Access courses at Edinburgh College
Check out the list of SWAP courses that Edinburgh College provides:
- Life Sciences Access Course
- Physical Science Access Course
- Access to Engineering NC
- Arts, Social Sciences and Primary Teaching Access
- Access to Medical Studies
- University Access to Nursing
- Languages with Business Access
- Languages, Arts and Social Sciences Access
Visit our website for more information about SWAP courses and to apply.