Edinburgh College is hosting a Tourism and Hospitality Open Day on Thursday 26 May, with the chance to learn about career and study opportunities in some of Scotland’s fastest-growing industries.
The open day takes place from 12-4pm at Edinburgh College’s Granton Campus.
College staff and students will give guided tours of the facilities including the hair and beauty salons, spa, training restaurant and training aircraft. They will also be doing live cookery and hospitality demonstrations to show the skills they learn at college, including coffee making, mocktails, and demonstrating how to flambé.
Teaching and support staff will be on hand to talk to guests about course information on the college’s Tourism and Hospitality subjects, including:
- Professional Cookery
- Hospitality, Retail & Events
- Hair & Beauty
- Business & Finance
- Travel & Tourism
- Modern Languages
Courses include part-time learning opportunities for anyone looking to boost their skills while working.
The facilities open for tours are:
- TheThe Apprentice restaurant, Edinburgh College’s training restaurant, where Professional Cookery and Hospitality students train and cook for paying guests
- The life-size training aircraft cabin, where students on the Swissport Academy Airport Ground Operations course train. On completion of this course, all the graduates are guaranteed an interview with Swissport at Edinburgh Airport and last year 12 out of the 17 students got jobs with the company
- The college’s training salons, including the NEW Elemis & Wella Eco Salon Green Salon and spa with sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi facilities
- Granton campus tours including classrooms, studios, learning resource centre, student support and social areas
Edinburgh College’s Head of Tourism & Hospitality Carol Fyfe said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for those who are in interested in working in tourism and hospitality where graduates are highly employable. We work closely with industry partners to make sure courses are designed for excellent employment opportunities. This one of the fastest growing industries in the country and now is a great time to get involved.”
Thursday 26 May 2016
12 – 4pm
350 West Granton Road