Read more about these courses and apply now.
Our past students work all over Scotland and the UK in wardrobe departments for both film and theatre. The roles cover a range of positions such as Costume Supervisors, Costume cutters, Wardrobe assistants, dressers, maintenance workers and costume hire assistants. Some of our alumni work on cruise ships, and others have specialised in a particular area of costume production.
Not all students follow a theatrical path, some graduates have ventured into bridal wear, haute couture, fashion, millinery, corsetry, steampunk, sculptural costume, wigs and ‘cosplay’.
Current student achievements – 2017 Graduates
- Two former graduates are employed at the Festival Theatre working backstage as dressers on shows.
- Four students were accepted this year on a work placement scheme at Scottish Opera.
- Another student has been offered and has undertaken freelance work, both for theatre and fashion.
- The National Theatre of Scotland has recently given another of our departing students the opportunity to assist with costuming a large-scale community production opening at the end of June. She will be working with a Supervisor who was one of our students around 10 years ago.
- And if this list couldn’t get any better, the Royal Shakespeare Company will be offering a placement to a talented student next month. Fingers crossed for our students!
Some of the places our students work (both past and currently) include these well-known names:
- Scottish Opera
- National Theatre of Scotland
- Citizen’s Theatre, Glasgow
- Macrobert Theatre – Stirling
- The Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh
- Festival & Kings Theatres, Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Playhouse
- Perth Theatre
- Dundee Repertory Theatre
- Pitlochry Festival Theatre
- The Byre Theatre
- Eden Court Theatre
- His Majesty’s Theatre, Aberdeen
- The Royal Shakespeare Company
- Various film projects including a great many on ‘Outlander’
Here is a 5-star review from one of our alumni, Lucy Thomson.
From my time at Edinburgh College I have built a huge variety of creative skills from designing to constructing, but there has also been a highly academic section which has really aided me for the career that I am now moving on to. This course has taught me a lot about giving presentations and has taught me how to showcase my ideas while coming across in a professional manner. The course is taught by two highly experienced lecturers who know the industry extremely well and it is clear that they are training students to industry level.
If you have any questions about these 2 courses, email email@example.com