As the majority of our courses will be delivered online for the start of session 2020/21, all Edinburgh College students will be given an online introduction to the support which is available to them throughout their time on their course.
All enrolled students should have received an email from the College with details of how to log-in to their Edinburgh College email account and how to access our online learning channels – Moodle and Microsoft Teams. Click here for more information on getting logged in to EC.
On Wednesday 3, Thursday 4 and Friday 5 September, you can watch live content on our Microsoft Teams EC Welcome site from 10am each day.
To access the Online Welcome to College Induction click here or follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Edinburgh College Office 365 account
- In the list of Apps in Office 365, select Teams
- Click on the ‘EC Welcome’ on the top left corner of your Teams site
- Tune into the live events scheduled on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. See the schedule below
The schedule for your ONLINE Welcome to College Induction is:
Wednesday 2 September – 10am – 12pm
- Welcome to Edinburgh College – Welcome from Principal Audrey Cumberford
- Campus Safety Briefings – watch campus safety videos followed by a LIVE Q&A with our Estates Manager
- Meet your Students’ Association (ECSA) – meet your 2020/21 Student President, Vice Presidents and the ECSA team
Thursday 3 September – 10am – 12pm
- Live Introduction from ECSA Officer
- Moodle and Microsoft Teams demonstrations – pre-recorded demonstrations on how to navigate Moodle and Microsoft teams
- Mobile College – How to download and navigate MyEC (the Edinburgh College app) – pre-recorded video
- Introduction to Edinburgh College Social Media channels – pre-recorded video
- Live round-up from ECSA
Friday 4 September – 10am – 12.30pm
- Student Funding – what you need to know – pre-recorded information video followed by a LIVE Q&A with our Student Services Officer
- Learning Support at Edinburgh College
- An overview of the LDT team – pre-recorded information videos followed by a LIVE Q&A with a member of our LDT team
- Careers Advice at Edinburgh College – pre-recorded information video
- Looking after your Wellbeing – pre-recorded information video followed by a LIVE Q&A with our Wellbeing team
- Closing remarks from Principal Audrey Cumberford
There will be live Q&A opportunities throughout the events, so don’t miss the chance to ask any questions you have. Please don’t worry if you are unable to watch the sessions live, all of the content will be available on the EC Welcome Teams site for you to watch in your own time.
We look forward to virtually welcoming you to our College.